Change From The Close
Table of Contents
These filters compare the last print price to the previous close. Positive numbers represent stocks which are trading higher now than at the close. Use negative numbers for stocks which are trading lower than at the close.
There are three ways to specify this value:
- Dollars - For example set the "Min Up from the Close ($)" filter to 0.75 to see only stocks which are trading at least 75 cents above where they were at the previous close.
- Percent - For example set the "Max Up from the Close (%)" filter to 3 to see only stocks which are trading at least 3% lower than at the previous close.
- Bars - This is the most powerful version of the filter, because it takes the volatility of each stock into account. Like the other versions, this starts by subtracting the stock’s previous closing price from its current price. Then it divides this value by the average size of a bar on a 15 minute bar chart for the stock. For example, set "Max Up from the Close (Bars)" to 1 and set "Min Up from the Close (Bars)" to -1 to see only stocks which are trading close to the where they were at the close.
These filters are related to the % up / down for the day alerts. The filters and the alerts both compare the current price to the previous close. However, there are some differences:
- The alerts typically only display once for each level. The filters always have a value.
- The alerts only work with percentage values.
- The alerts only report whole numbers, like 3% and 4%. The filters allow fractions, like 3.5%.
- The alerts only work during normal market hours.
Filter Info for Change From The Close [FCP]
- description = Change from the Close
- keywords = Single Print
- units = %
- format = 1
- toplistable = 1
- parent_code = FCD